Discovering that the majority of the beauty products I use every day are filled with toxic ingredients, I wanted to overhaul everything right away! Check out my post Are Your Beauty Products Toxic Here!
The only problem with that, is that organic or high quality ingredient beauty products can cost a fortune. So I set out to find affordable, natural, clean alternatives that are easy to make at home!
This homemade shave cream is luxurious to say the least. This shave cream is full of simple natural ingredients and best of all it lathers up nicely and has a pleasant clean scent. It has no toxic ingredients, and will last for a couple months!
Your skin deserves to be pampered with this non-toxic silky homemade shave cream!
Silky Homemade Shave Cream
Makes about 1 cup of shave cream
1/4 cup shea butter
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup Dr.Bronner's Castile soap
1/4 cup aloe vera gel
2 tsp baking soda
15-20 drops essential oil- I used lavender, but you can use your favorite scent or a combination.
1 empty liquid soap dispenser -preferably glass
You will also need:
a small saucepan
a blender ( I used a magic bullet :))
1. Combine shea butter and coconut oil in a small sauce pan, and melt over low heat.
2. In the blender, combine the Castile Soap, aloe vera gel and baking soda.
3. Once the shea butter and coconut oil are melted, pour into blender on top of the other ingredients.
4. Add in your essential oils. You can use more or less depending on how strong you want the fragrance.
5. Blend for a minimum of 2 minutes until ingredients are well combined, and the mixture forms a creamy consistency.
6. Pour into soap dispenser. (If the opening of your soap dispenser is small, you can pour the shave cream into a small ziplock bag. (kind of like a cake frosting decorating bag) Press all the cream down to one bottom corner, and seal the bag. With some scissors, cut a small opening on the bottom corner. Empty contents into your dispenser.
Smells great, lathers great, it costs much less than other brands, and you can feel good about putting it on your skin. Toxin-Free!
Do you have DIY beauty product recipe? I would love to hear what your making, let me know in the comments below!
I teach women how to actually lose weight & ditch yoyo diets so they can get real, sustainable results & find freedom from food. You can be one of them! Learn how to actually lose weight & ditch yoyo diets by clicking here!
The information in this presentation is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional, and is not intended as medical advice. It is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the research and experience of Milan Lekay, milanlekay.com 2019