I am a huge fan of fresh basil! I am so excited to share with you a simple and delicious way to add more basil into your diet. My Homemade Pesto Chicken is gluten free and dairy free
Not only is fresh basil delicious but it also has many benefits for the body and the metabolism!
Basil acts as a natural adaptogen. Adaptogenic herbs help your body deal with stress. Stress is a major component to how our metabolism functions. Including basil into your diet can help your body handle stress more efficiently. Read more about stress and the metabolism here.
Basil is a power anti-inflammatory herb. The essential oils in basil are responsible for helping reduce inflammation in the body.
Homemade Pesto Chicken
Serves 2. Prep + Cook time 45 minutes.
2 cups fresh basil
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp sea salt
3 large garlic cloves
3 Tbsp water (or as much needed to get desired consistency)
3 Tbsp pine nuts ( or sunflower seeds if nut allergy)
4 Tbsp nutritional yeast (optional, can use parmesan if dairy tolerant)
2 chicken breasts (cut in half)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare a baking dish by lightly spraying with olive oil.
2. In a food processor combine basil, olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt, garlic cloves, pine nuts and nutritional yeast. Pulse until well combined.
3. Add water 1 Tbsp at a time and pulsing in between until desired consistently is reached. (I like mine more on the thick side).
4. Set pesto sauce aside.
5. Season chicken breasts lightly with salt and pepper and place in baking dish.
6. Place 1-2 Tbsp of pesto sauce on each piece of chicken and spread out to coat the top of the chicken breasts.
7. Cover baking dish with foil.
8. Bake 20-30 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
9. Top chicken more pesto sauce to taste.
10. Serve with fresh steamed veggies like broccoli or a mixed green salad.
Store remaining pesto sauce in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
A healthy, light meal perfect for a nice spring evening dinner on the patio! I hope you enjoy!
I teach women how to actually lose weight & ditch yoyo diets so they can get real, sustainable results & find freedom from food. You can be one of them! Learn how to actually lose weight & ditch yoyo diets by clicking here!
The information in this presentation is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional, and is not intended as medical advice. It is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the research and experience of Milan Lekay, milanlekay.com 2019